Friday, April 12, 2013

the calm before the storm

I took this yesterday after my tempo (oh tempo runs...I love you and hate you) run.

looks like spring
There was no snow on the ground, it was a little chilly, but not bad. It felt like the calm before the storm. There's a winter storm warning in effect right now. Snow, ice pellets, up to 20 cm. This winter, it seems, it never ending.

Hopefully it will fall and melt immediately - or a the very least, only stick around for a day. I'm just repeating "it's always darkest before the dawn" over and over to help me feel better about the storm. Maybe it is the last blast of bad weather before the sun stays for good. Hope the weekend is looking nicer where you are! 

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I left the track in capris and a hoodie yesterday - Today I have my winter jacket and boots on again :-(

kristen said...

I was too hot in arm warmers the other day...sigh.

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Nope, we are under a heavy blanket of snow again. Spring isn't coming.