Wednesday, April 03, 2013

eating paper? that makes me sad

With phrases like "Paris Skinny," the statements that some models are on IV drips before shoots, and that by the end of some lengthy photo shoots, some models can't keep their eyes open, this article makes me sad: the vogue factor.

Even if only half of it is true, even the fact that someone is suggesting that models eat tissues in order to feel full so that they can stay skinny makes me sad and angry that people make money off the images that "encourage" the behaviour. Some of us are smaller, and some of us are bigger, but healthy people don't eat paper to stay skinny. The thing is - I have no idea what we can do to make it better. And that makes me sad too.
sad cat is also sad

3 comments:

Caroline said...

It is sad and depressing and it made me really mad when I read about that...crazy world

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That's pretty sad. The modelling world is pretty messed up.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I read that article too and it made me sad. If a certain size is so unattainable for EVERYONE (that's what it seems like?) why on Earth is it still being promoted?