Monday, April 15, 2013

boston on my mind

I could tell you about my much better long run this weekend...but I'm thinking about Boston.
I could tell you about my weekend...but I'm thinking about Boston.
I could tell you about all sorts of things...but I'm thinking about Boston.

I don't normally "tragedy blog." I feel like there's nothing I can say that can make anything better, but I could definitely say something to make people angry or feel like I'm being insensitive, so I usually keep the words off the blog. But today felt a little different. People called me, emailed me, tweeted me, texted me, and Facebook messaged me to make sure that we weren't there. Just a couple of hours earlier, I watched the winners cross the finish line on the live internet feed and thought "and now it is amazing to see how long it takes for the really fast 'normal' runners to start trickling through." Because I've been there...and Jordan and I could easily have been there again this year. I'm glad everyone I know is safe, but I know that so many others were not as lucky.
 It is sad, scary, and it makes no sense. And I feel like that finish line will never look the same again.

No comments: