Thursday, March 21, 2013

three things thursday - the happy spring edition

Happy spring! In our neck of the woods, we celebrated spring by cleaning up about a foot of snow. I'd complain, but I'm holding out hope that it was the last big snow storm of the year so I'm smiling through the snow :)

Without further ado - three things for the happy spring edition:

Thing 1 - Speaking of the storm, I'm so very glad this is not our car and that I didn't have to dig this out:
back middle - i'm so sorry you have to dig out all that snow
Thing 2 - Since it is spring, Jordan's winter beard is gone. But obviously, it had to be a multi-stage, multi-day event. First it was the Irish Policeman for St. Patrick's day and then some sort of cowboy-stache after that. We decided that his first look was very Liev Schriber in X-Men the first time, so had to find a movie character for look two. Warning - you're going to wish you were me and were married to him once you see the facial hair...



Thing 3 - My running allergy is still going strong. I'm still getting itchy hives when I run and they are especially bad when I run fast/hard. I came home from my tempo run last week (the sidewalks were so clear...hopefully they clear up again soon so that I can do some more faster running) and the hives were the worst they had been in months. I really do think it has something to do with effort. Though when I am working hard at the gym, it doesn't happen...so it is definitely something about the running. The good news is, it is just the itchy hives and nothing respiratory.

Happy Thursday and Happy Spring!  What sign of spring are you most looking forward to as something that means it is actually spring?

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Jordan's facial hair is interesting......it looks like he has a bit too much fun with that

Jordan said...

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that your comment section has not filled up with catty jealously toward your tremendous fortune.

kristen said...

Me too - maybe people were too busy looking at cat videos...

Anonymous said...

Tremendously tremendous fortune. Tremendous.

d.

Caroline said...

We have no spring here either... sadly for me it goes straight to summer

Runner Leana said...

Breaking out in hives while running? That is so strange. I hope you are able to figure out what is causing it? Could it be related to the detergent you are washing your running clothes in?