Tuesday, March 19, 2013

be awesome

I came across this as a part of a 25 things to do when you're feeling down list. I'm not feeling down but many of them were things you should just do anyway. This one was my favourite.
(by chibird)
It is way too easy to fall into the trap of comparing yourself to others. This person is a faster runner, is farther ahead in his or her career, is in a better life situation, has nicer hair...blah blah... I'm sure without even realizing it, I compare myself to others countless times a day. And I guess it isn't the actual comparing that can be the problem - it's the judgement that goes along with it - because it is so easy to convince yourself you are "less than" just because you are "different than."

The mathematicians figured it out a long time ago, and there are all sorts of symbols like <, >, and ≠ and they are not the same things...so my goal is to forget the less than and to remember that different is good.

What's awesome about you?

(and if you do go to the link - I'll admit that #2 was pretty great too and might actually be my favourite...)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Where is my emergency tiara?!?!

How are you enjoying the snow?

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Thanks for the reminder! Sometimes I need a kick in the pants to tell me that being me is pretty good.