Friday, February 15, 2013

another winner by spartan race (yes that was sarcasm)

Here I am again - blogging about tweets. Sorry about that. But remember a couple of weeks ago when I felt that the Spartan Race sent the wrong message? Well, they're at it again!




While I fully admit that one of the nice side effects of running and working out is that it helps me feel good about the way I look, it isn't why I exercise. I exercise to be healthy. I want to be able to live a fairly long life and I want to do what I can to make sure I'm healthy. I could lose the lottery and end up with a disease that I couldn't have prevented...but I want to do what I can to make sure I stay healthy. I also like the challenge of pushing myself and of trying to reach goals. Whether it is to be able to do an extra pushup, run farther, or run faster, it is something to work toward.

Again, a nice side effect is that it helps me feel like I look good too. But I don't work out to look pretty. I work out to be healthy. Come on Spartan Race...

3 comments:

Runner Leana said...

Oh boy....somebody at the Spartan race maybe has an interesting sense of humour...

kristen said...

If by "interesting" you mean "terrible" and "sense of humour" you mean "case of sexism" then I agree.

joggingjeans said...

Gross. A man HAS to be behind their marketing campaign, right?