Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the january blahs

I definitely have a ase of the January blahs...not the blues, just the blahs. I don't feel sad or upset or overwhelmed, just a whole lot of "meh." It isn't a terrible thing to feel like this every so often, but I have to admit, I'm a little sick of the blahs. They make me tired, boring, and give me a case of writers block - both on the blog and when working on my school stuff.
unrelated. but BLARG! i guess it is a proper noun
I'm hoping that since February is in just a few short days, I can put the blahs behind me and be full of vim and vigour and a few more ideas. Until then - I'll just leave you with the mental image of me almost bailing on my run yesterday. I was approaching a stop light. There was a light dusting of snow on a patch of ice, a crowd of people at the corner, and my right foot hit the ice. I managed to keep myself upright, but I think I pulled all the muscles in my body trying to do so. Also - almost took a lady out with my wild "woah" arm fling. Pretty great - and very glad I didn't fall in front of all those people.

Anybody else have the blahs this January? Do you have any miracle cures (other than February) for said blahs?

*also - happy birthday to one of my favourite Ottawa ladies! I know 30 scares you a bit - but trust me (for I am old and wise), your thirties will be great. Happy Birthday Janelle!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Definitely having a bad case of the 'blahs' this January - however, I think it has more to do with SAD than anything else. I literally sat outside for 30 minutes on Sunday and soaked up some sun and felt so much better.

I hate winter.....

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I have the January blahs as well but it's more because of my impending return to work than anything else! I actually don't want February to come!

janelle said...

aww, thanks for the birthday shout-out! how very sweet :)

xo