Wednesday, January 02, 2013

no resolutions here

'Tis the season...for blog posts full of years in review followed by resolutions. You will find neither of those things here.

First - no year in review because I'm too lazy to do the year in review. And if you're actually interested in seeing my posts from last year, there's a handy dandy archive bar to the right ------------------------>
Sure, I have a few favourite experiences in the last year, it was both a good and a challenging year, but I'll just re-cap it in my mind and save you the trouble :)

Second - no resolutions because I don't make them. I don't make them because I feel like I'd be setting myself up for failure. Lofty random resolutions don't work for me. I can't just resolve to "lose weight" or "become more active." I need to set small goals and make plans in order to get there. So yes - I have some things in mind that I'd like to achieve in the next year - but no resolutions.

Now that you know what won't be showing up - here's what will be here: my favourite pictures, stories, and experiences of the year to come. I had thought about just fading off the radar after my extended Christmas blogging break, but here I am, back and ready to blog. And I'll finish the post with a few of my favourite pictures from the holidays.

excited on christmas eve

forgot how dark it is well after 8 am in Calgary

my favourite redhead

fanciest christmas cracker crowns ever

it snowed while we were out of town

a good picture to start a new year

Happy January and happy 2013. I hope it is your luckiest year yet.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

That is a nice picture of you and J :-)

I set goals - but then I forget about them. This year I was slightly amazed that I did most of them ;-S

Leigh said...

Hope you had a great time in Calgary! You and your husband are cute :)

Leana said...

I'm not a resolution maker either! Hope you had a great trip to Calgary. Glad we were able to meet up!

Jill said...

So so glad you didn't decide to fade "off the radar"!

Love all the pictures.
Happy New Year

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

I love that dress/shirt in the last picture! Great picture all around!