Thursday, November 01, 2012

three things thursday - the i'm back edition

Despite the "radio silence" for the past week, I'm back! Rome was busy, exhausting, but great. As usual, it is taking a little bit to recover from two full graduate level courses in two very full weeks. My brain is fried and my body is suffering from a "post-international travel" cold. I'm just happy I'm sick now and not when I was there. So with that - here are three things today:

Thing 1 - On my way home, I learned that I can watch 2 movies, read an entire book, and write a conference abstract all in one day and still have time to be bored.
great book
Thing 2 - I always assume that airport food will be ridiculously expensive - so when I paid just over 6 euros for a big salad, a big bottle of water, a banana, and a small thing of nutella (yeah - had to get one last nutella dose in before coming home) I was pleasantly surprised. Then I had a layover at JFK in New York and saw a quasi oasis of healthy food choices amid the fast food. Price of a small turkey sandwich? More than NINE DOLLARS. And it was a small sandwich. Salads were similarly priced. I didn't expect food to be cheaper in Rome. (and no, I didn't buy the sandwich)

Thing 3 - Dorothy was right. There really is no place like home. Especially when that's where your husband is.

9 comments:

Leigh said...

Glad to hear that you had a great trip! Loved that book as well. Hope you are feeling better soon :)

Ali Mc said...

Happy you're back and that you had a good time. I agree, airport or ANY food that is convenient for that matter is soooooo pricey. That's great that you got a deal before coming home :)

joggingjeans said...

Glad you are back!

janelle said...

aww. #3 is sweet. welcome back to canada, eh!

Rebecca said...

Welcome back!!

Thing 1: I never get bored traveling - except with Max because I can't really do anything and I just think "hurry up hurry up", :-)

Thing 3: awwwwww

J and A said...

Glad you had a good trip. Rome - how exciting!! I loved that book!

term papers said...

Good efforts. All the best for future posts. I have bookmarked you. Well done. I read and like this post. Thanks.

Runshorts said...

What a trip! Welcome back to routine and normalcy.

kjkj said...

Hey mate, thanks for sharing but this page doesnt format correctly in Chrome it is is overlapping.
medical translation service