Monday, September 24, 2012

iphone set to self-destruct

Ever since the iPhone 5 was announced I've noticed something a little funky about my phone: it has become temperamental. The announcement and the release of the iPhone 4S came and went without a problem but as soon as the "big reveal" happened for the 5, something just seemed to click in my phone and suddenly the ONLY (and most important) BUTTON on the entire thing started getting finicky. It now works maybe 50% of the time. And 50% might be generous.

After googling solutions, I've tried the "toothbrush solution" and it made it a little better and I tried to recalibrate it, but I don't think it worked (probably because it involves using said home button and if the button isn't working...). I guess a trip to the genius bar will be the next stop - but I'm pretty sure they'll just tell me that Apple sets their products to self-destruct once they are 2 generations old...

Does anyone have a great solution for me? Did anyone buy a 5 and want to send me a new iPhone 4?

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I wouldn't be too surprised if they do this - especially since all the MacBook owners I know had a 'crash' of some sort around the 5 year mark. My 5 year mark was coming up - but I bought the iMac with the education special a bit in advance :-)

I just checked Apple Care and I noticed that you have to buy it within 30 days of purchase now - I swear last year when I bought my phone it was 1 year to purchase....whoopsie doodle

Angie said...

Kristen, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by today! I actually looked online for "Marathon" Nova special and found it on youtube. It was awesome!

Darin Armstrong said...

Hello Kristen,
Just a quick message to ask if you would be interested in a ‘mutual’ following on twitter. I am currently following you now and am awaiting for your follow-back. (#FYI I do RT’s ‘anytime’ for all #Triathletes #Cyclists #UltraRunners & #Marathoners #FitnessProfessionals who follow me on Twitter and have something 'important' they want mentioned…)

All the very best for the rest of 2012 and beyond Kristen. Look forward to hearing from you…

Darin
twitter.com/DarinArmstrong
#TeamLIVESTRONG

Four said...

Kristen, just wanted to say thanks for stopping by today! I actually looked online for "Marathon" Nova special and found it on youtube. It was awesome!

Andy said...

All the very best for the rest of 2012 and beyond Kristen. Look forward to hearing from you…

Farhan Haider said...

hello!i am a professional anroid application designer......if you feel any problem related

to ipnone then fallow our link
iPhone

Catherine said...

I googled "are iPhones set to self-destruct at two years" and found this. I've always believed that iPhones have a setting or get sent software that makes them useless pieces of crap right about the time when your contract allows for a new phone. My 4S tells me it's full all of the time. I'll delete a thousand pictures (after laboriously backing them up to my computer and then burning them into a cd) and a page worth of apps and find 300KB of free space. I don't think so! It's annoying.

Carry on. Thanks for the entry :)