Monday, August 27, 2012

seen on the run

As I've said before, one of the great things about running in the city is that you see some interesting things and interesting people. Yesterday's run was no different.

The cutest thing I saw: A little girl in a pink tutu and purple bodysuit riding on one of those bike extension things behind one of her parents. Her helmet even matched her ballet clothes. (Or maybe they weren't even her ballet clothes - maybe she just dresses like that)

The most peaceful: A lady on her yoga mat, facing the river, very silent and still. I love running - but for a few seconds, I kind of wanted to be her. So I tried to bring a little of that "stillness" to my mind while I was running.
photo by lululemon
The most unexpected: A guy standing on the side of the canal, facing the water, playing the banjo. He wasn't busking or performing, just playing the banjo. It was pretty great.

It is always an adventure. Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

That's cool! I will have to pay more attention to what's going on around me during my runs! When I was in Wasa in July I almost ran into a deer!! That freaked me out! I thought he was a lawn statue! I quickly crossed the road.