Tuesday, June 26, 2012

thoughts while running

When I was in elementary school, I read a book called Surréal 3000 by Suzanne Martel. The story was about a society that lived under Mount Royal in Montreal. From what I remember, they lived underground because of some sort of nuclear fallout or disaster of some sort. Regardless of the reason, they were warned about going to the surface and it was seen as dangerous and scary. Out of all the French books I read in school, this is probably the one I think about or am reminded of the most. 

Sunday morning we (my usual running crew and I) headed to Mount Royal park to go for a run. Running there involves a lot of running up hill, but it is such a beautiful place to run that it is always  worth it. As the three of us were about to head back down the hill after a lovely run, we passed two women in their 60s (I think) for the second or third time. Suz said "that will be us at that age ladies" and Liz agreed. I didn't say anything because all of a sudden the first thing that popped into my head was "as long as we aren't living under the mountain..."

Sometimes even I don't understand myself...

What is one of the strangest things you've found yourself thinking on the run?

2 comments:

Nadine said...

That is my all time favorite place to run, I used to live close to the park and ran there every day.

Elizabeth said...

So that's what was going through your head. I was thinking if it would still be appropriate to wear short shorts.