Friday, May 11, 2012

lots of work, some time for play

Life in Toronto has been busy. Most of my time has been spent thinking and living my school work. It is intense and a lot of work - good thing it will be worth it in the end. But lest you think I've only had my nose to the grindstone, I've had a little time for other things.

When life is busy, speed work is your friend! The other day I had time for a quick run, so I made the most of it and got in a HARD workout. I saw some numbers that I rarely see on the Garmin as I did some 800 meter repeats. It was a short one - but man it was hard. And since I was running on a dirt track around a soccer field full of children, I had some fun dodging kids and soccer balls along the way.

Last night had me rubbing elbows with future Olympians. Definitely not a bad way to spend an evening after a a very busy week.
Eric Gillis squared?
And since I'm lucky enough to get a sneak peak at the limited Canadian edition New Balance 890s, I'm even more excited about my next run.
NB 890s - the Canadian Edition
I doubt they'll help me keep up with the Canadian speedsters I met this evening, but regardless of speed, my feet will look great. Once I get some running in, I'll let you know what I think of them.

Week one almost done, one week to go. Enjoy your weekend!

4 comments:

MelissaNibbles said...

Look at you snuggling up to famous people! I'm interested to see what you think about the NB sneakers. I haven't been a fan lately.

Laura said...

Fun! Did you get invited to that event? I am very excited for the Olympics marathon this year.

Rebecca said...

Cool shoes!!

I hear you about speed work. Think I'm going to have another speed work Sunday since I don't have time for a long run or even a 8K.

Marlene said...

Looks like you got to attend a neat event! Sweet shoes too!