Thursday, April 26, 2012

two scenes from a run

This price caught both my attention while running and Jordan's attention while we were walking because of how low it is.
oh that tiger commercial...ack
Yeah - that ain't cheap, but somehow it seems cheap when you've been looking at the mid to high 140s. Sigh. 

That same run, I came across this statue who has gained an accessory:
Bonjour!
He's normally naked. Now someone has covered his kidneys...maybe they should have done that in the winter when it was colder out. He isn't the first monument to be "red patched" and probably won't be the last. (For those who don't want to follow the link - the red patch is symbolic of the student protests that are going on in the province of Quebec. They are protesting tuition hikes for post-secondary education.)

I'm still upset about the gas though.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Crap! That's cheap gas?! And here I thought $1.16 was expensive

Rebecca said...

We haven't hit the 1.40 mark here in Ottawa yet. But it is predicted to be an expensive summer for gas. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate the jeep?

MelissaNibbles said...

The statue looks like he has a speedo on!

Caroline said...

you are in Quebec...I never knew that..where in Quebec?