Tuesday, April 17, 2012

boston update

I don't have any pictures because I didn't bring my card reader for my camera but thought I'd post a short update.

It was definitely hot yesterday - I was sweating on the sidelines - but all went well for Jordan. He slowed down, didn't push it in the heat, and treated it as a long, HOT, very supported training run. He says the crowds were outstanding - offering cheers, and much needed cold water (their water was colder than the official water because it hadn't been sitting in the hot sun as long).

I hope everything went well for everyone else who ran as well! I watched a guy puke out the entire contents of his stomach right at mile 26 (it was mostly yellow gatorade) so not everyone was feeling great but I think a lot of people played it safe.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Glad to hear that he played it safe! Did he enjoy it?

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Glad to hear he's OK and had a good run! Can't believe the heat there, it's soo cold here!

MelissaNibbles said...

So glad it went well!

Laura said...

Glad all went well and he had a good run. Hope you guys had fun!!