Thursday, March 22, 2012

three things thursday - the summer in march edition

It is March. And today the high was 24 degrees. When I went running at lunch, it was 18 degrees. I got sweaty taking the metro - which is crazy talk in March. I feel like the end of the world might be near...therefore, today's three things thursday is the summer in March edition.

Thing one: My office gets the afternoon sun. All winter, I wait for that sun with anticipatory delight...the warmth on my face makes me smile and it is the best part of the work day. Today? I had to close the curtain for part of the afternoon because it was getting too hot in my office. Crazy.

Thing two: On the left, what I ran in on March 29th, 2011. On the right, what I ran in today.
I know it seems like I'm beating a dead horse here - but it was hot. I was actually too warm in the outfit on the right today...And the cashier gave me the stink eye when I walked in all sweaty and bought a few things at IGA.

Thing three: I am not complaining about the weather, but it really does feel strange to be thinking about the ceiling fan (I had to replace the batteries in the remote to make it work), opening windows, and shorts in the middle of March. I feel like this is a sign of the apocalypse and that somewhere, a polar bear must be crying because he knows this means bad times ahead. I'm sure we'll get another day of snow before the spring is truly here, but for now, I'm enjoying the sun.

Is it unseasonably warm where you are or are things pretty normal?

7 comments:

Laura said...

I am loathe to say anything about the weather in case it comes back to bite us in the as$. Last year at the Bay I had on long tights, 3 layers on top, gloves etc...This year it is looking like capris and a t-shirt. Crazy...

Anonymous said...

Don't worry! Its snowing here......

Dee

Leigh said...

I would say pretty darn normal as it's snowing today!! Gr!

Kelsey said...

Im new to Van but according to the locals (though I think they lie) the weather as of late is much colder than normal. ARGH! So glad I moved to the coast to deal with crappy weather ;)

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Ugh. I don't want to talk about it. The week I was in Ottawa and it was -25 C there I should add it was 17 freaking degrees in Kamloops and now it's FREEZING here and warm in the east. I can't win!

Rebecca said...

Well my weather is pretty much the same as yours, so yes it is unseasonably warm! :-)

I don't like the sticky weather. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's high of 17 degrees, better running weather!

Toronto Girl West said...

It's unseasonably cold in Vancouver. Which is crazy because Toronto and Montreal are the new Arizona!!!