- For the longest time, if I was going to eat a grilled cheese sandwich, it needed to have either apple or crabapple jelly on it. Cheese and jelly - actually a great combination. Now I don't need the jelly, but I will almost always put either salsa or Frank's Red Hot on my grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Even though I normally hated my food to touch, whenever we had pork chops and apple sauce, once I was done my meat, I would mix my corn and rice (which is what we usually had with pork chops) in with the rest of my, now slightly salty, apple sauce and eat it all together.
- I put yogurt on my pancakes, then top with maple syrup. And I don't mean "pancake syrup." Only the pure stuff will do. (obviously the syrup thing isn't weird...)
- My favourite way to top a salad is with salsa and hummus instead of salad dressing.
- Instead of a sandwich, I sometimes used to bring sliced turkey meat wrapped around a pickle for my school lunches.
And something else that might not be normal about my eating? I don't like ketchup. If it is already on a burger and is all mixed in with the mustard, pickle, and other flavours, I don't mind it, but the thought of putting ketchup on anything (like fries, or eggs, or macaroni and cheese, or whatever else people put ketchup on) actually grosses me out a bit.
Any weird combinations for you? Do certain "normal" foods gross you out?