Monday, February 13, 2012

five things about me- part four

I've decided to make the theme of this five things post "the younger me." So here are five things from my past.

1- My last year of high school, I won a band award. I didn't know I was winning the award - I figured that as usual, I was at the awards ceremony because I had achieved honours. When my name was called, I didn't realize it was me until I noticed that everyone was staring at me. The guy (who the award was named after) called my "Kristy" and absolutely butchered my last name so that it was unrecognizable to me. 4 years later, my sister won that same award...but no one mispronounced her name.

2- My first glasses were red. Much like Sally Jesse Rapael's.
yup. i was pretty cool.
3- I was such head-case in elementary school that one of my teachers decided to sit me next to one of the bad kids to help loosen me up. That same kid pulled my chair out from under me once and I fell and hit my head - which made me cry.  When I told my teacher why I was crying, she thought I said "hair" instead of "chair" and thought I was crying because he pulled my hair. I was humiliated she'd think that I'd cry over something dumb like that.

4- My husband's cousin was in my ballet class (and was my ballet exam partner) when I was 6 or 7.

5-  I once got yellow-carded in a volleyball game because after the ref called one of my team mates for a lift I said "Lift? Lift my ass" a little too loudly. I think I was the only one on my team to get carded while sitting on the bench.


Tell me something random about the younger you.

(and if you want to check out some other things about me there's part 1, part 2, and part 3)

7 comments:

Marlene said...

Those are some sweet frames!

We always had a skating rink in the back yard as kids. Once when I had a friend over, she went down behind me for some reason, and the back of my skate went up her nose. NO LIE. it tore her nose open. Most mortifying thing ever.

Laura said...

Sally Jesse Raphael...too.funny.
I could not skip when I was a kid...I would practice for hrs until I could master it. Then in elementary school..I became some kind of skipping master.
Now if I skip for 2 minutes, I just about die..

Rebecca said...

When I was in grade 2, I really wanted glasses bad. I used to read in the dark because I heard it could make your eyes go bad.

In grade 4 I got my wish and had to wear glasses part time.

Kelsey said...

I am in love with your glasses and I think what I love more is the fact that you posted this sweet photo for all to see. You're a good egg, Sally ;)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Nice glasses! I thought my first pair of frames were pretty cool too- they weren't.

What a dumb teacher- I hope the kid ended up getting in trouble!

Random thing about me? I threw up at my first Brownies meeting. In the middle of the room, during some circle thing. Embarrassing...

runforwine.net said...

I love that a teacher tried to loosen you up because you were such a head case (I assume uptight?). What a jerk kid though!

Random - I got lots of yellow cards playing soccer, but never one while sitting on the bench :)

runforwine.net said...

I love that a teacher tried to loosen you up because you were such a head case (I assume uptight?). What a jerk kid though!

Random - I got lots of yellow cards playing soccer, but never one while sitting on the bench :)