Wednesday, February 15, 2012

the amazing technicolour running shoes

There is someone in my office who always compliments my shoes. Since I'm not in the office all that often - I tend to wear my most fun shoes when I'm there (because let's be honest, as much as I love my slippers, it is fun to wear real shoes every so often) so she sees my "best" shoes, but I love the compliment none the less.

The last time I was in the office, she and I had a conversation about shoes and when I mentioned that I liked to find fun shoes, she asked if my shoe love caused any friction with my husband. I, very confidently, said "No. He has more shoes than I do. Yes, they're running shoes, but he has a lot. And they're all very colourful. I think he's disappointed if he can't find a bright colour."

I promise you, I wasn't kidding. I gathered up some of my old running shoes last week to get rid of them and suggested that Jordan do the same. Before we put all the shoes in a garbage bag, we decided we needed a picture.

my need for having things in straight lines is twitching right now. 
Yup. That's twelve pairs of his running shoes in various states of wear. Some are retired and some are in use...but all were kicking around the closet. And no, this wasn't the first time we have taken such a picture - but since the last one (which was taken in the fall), he's added an entire row.

So no. I definitely don't feel bad buying a pair of shoes now and again.

10 comments:

Laura said...

I am all over bright shoes..the more fun the colour the better....I am in a buying freeze though until I retire at least 2 pairs..

Rebecca said...

My head coach at school managed to get us a sponsorship from Nike for our track team to get new uniforms (bright orange...oh yeah!). As well Nike is giving us a discount on a pairs of bright orange running shoes for the staff. I obviously have a pair on order ;-)

I need to find a orange tech shirt for the Ottawa 10K. I ran in my schools bright orange spirit shirt last year and it was cotton....not fun.

Michelle said...

I love Jordan's shoes. They're very helpful for picking him out in races. That and his short shorts ; ) I'm disappointed that my current pair is pretty boring. Anything I can do to make running more fun is a good thing.

@Rebecca, I don't know if you ever get to Target but I got a wicked construction cone orange tech shirt there not too long ago.

Jordan said...

I think we should blow this picture up and put it on the wall. It just looks cool.

Aron said...

Sheesh my running shoes look so boring next to those! Maybe I should start buying for color ;)

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Wow your hubby certainly has quite the shoe collection! I would be lying if I didn't say I am slightly jealous!!

runforwine.net said...

Holy cow. He's worse than a female runner!

Marlene said...

My hubs is the same! Could ave written that myself and he definitely owns more shoes than me, AND they're more flashy.

Jessica @ Healthy Urbanista said...

This looks like my husband's collection :) I can always pick him out of the crowd at events by his shoes!

kristen said...

Jessica- me too! Bright shoes are much easier to spot than "hey, that guy is in black shorts too"

Hey running shoe companies- hear that? We want bright shoes too!!