Monday, January 09, 2012

five things about me- part three

You can check out part 1 (from November) and part 2 (from December) if you wish...here comes part 3.

1- I really like cheese. Goat cheese, cheddar cheese, brie...but I HATE the mouldy cheeses. Anything with blue or green mould in it turns my stomach. I'm guessing that in the world of cheese, that makes me a non-cheese person. Meh- more of the other kinds for me if they want to eat the mould.

2- I have always wanted to live near the ocean.
PEI is surrounded by ocean...
3- Our first dance at our wedding was Coldplay's "Yellow." The first dance was probably one of my least favourite parts of our wedding (not because of the song). We considered not even doing it because the thought of standing there dancing while people watched made me want to run and hide.

4- I only have one magazine subscription. It is to Bon Appetit Magazine. We used to have a Runner's World subscription but decided that the online content was just as good...

5- I had a dream last night that I could touch my toes. Actually sit, extend my legs, and get my wrists past the ends of my feet. That's probably the closest I'll ever come to that feeling. I can't touch my toes...sitting or standing.

Tell me something about you.

14 comments:

Leigh said...

I hear you on the cheese point...love cheese but nothing mouldy! I have three subscriptions...runner's world, chatelaine and Canadian Living. I love getting magazines in the mail :)

Derek said...

Something about me huh?
I have way more than 1 magazine subscription. It's got to be more than 10. I love taking and hour and unplugging with a magazine in my hands.

runforwine.net said...

I also have a BA subscription. And Runner's World. I love to flip through the magazine the night before a big run/workout. It helps :) And also House Beautiful.

Marlene said...

I am soooo with you on # 1. Ew. Those cheese snobs can keep their mould.

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I used to have 4 magazine subscriptions but never had the time to read them so they just started piling higher and higher on my nightstand! I finally cancelled all but one (Runners World) as I am pretty sure I won't have time to read them once the baby gets here!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I really want to live on the ocean too. I'm DYING to move to Victoria but Eric says no because it's going to be UNDER the ocean "when" (if) the huge earthquake hits. Sigh. Logistics.

Laura said...

I love the water/ocean but never even think about living there...guess I am such a city rat I associate it with the boondocks.
weird...

Rebecca said...

I love soft cheeses and don't care what the hard-core cheesies say. I like to have some brie with a bottle of wine for a Sat. night in.

Something about me......I've almost always lived in some form of a suburb, but would prefer to live either in the city where I don't have to drive my car to get a cup of coffee or in a small town where everyone knows you and is filled with Mom and Pop type stores. If my job didn't make it impossible to relocate we would be living in Perth, Bracebridge, Haliburton...something along the lines of that.

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I hate moldy cheese and even anything too strong. I'll take mozzarella and sharp cheddar though!

Dori said...

I love all cheese. No discrimination here. I only subscribe to Runner's World but I haven't opened any of them in months, so I should probably cancel that.

Heather said...

I recently cancelled the RW subscription. I found it quite repetitive. I have never wanted to live by the ocean. Interesting.

kristen said...

Completely repetitive! Which is why the online content is just fine for me :)

lu said...

i love the stinky, mouldy cheeses!

and i am currently living in a house where i can see the atlantic ocean from my bedroom, it is marvellous. sadly, i cannot swim in the same ocean that i can look at, but it is lovely to listen to the waves. this is the closest i've ever lived to the ocean and i am certainly getting used to it.

funny you mention about touching your toes as i was stretching the other day and was a bit modified at my lack of flexibility when i used to be able to fold right in half. so being obsessive about such things, i stretched and slowly, can now touch my toes again, but am still far away from being folded in half.

lu said...

ahhhh..... that should say mortified!