Thursday, January 26, 2012

the bad and the good- a day in review

Yesterday in review- in bads and goods:

The bad- this was the scene at Starbucks at 6 am when I was on my way to catch a 6:20 train:
no caffeine for me?
The good- at least Second Cup was open. And I guess it is always nice to support a Canadian company.
thank goodness for coffee
The good- I participated in a really good session on Healthy Workplaces. It was really interesting to hear about comprehensive and integrated workplace wellness. I'm excited reflect on what I've learned and to see what we can put into practice at work!

The bad- I was starting to get sleepy after such an early morning and was feeling like I wasn't able to think properly by the end of the day.


The good- At least I had cash on me to buy a metro ticket when I got off the train. Why is this important? Because...


The bad- I realized as I was gathering my stuff to get off the train on my way home that my metro card was no longer in my coat. My student metro card...the one that I paid for at the beginning of the year as a part of my tuition so that I had unlimited transit for the year.
not all metro signs are this pretty
The good- I have been needing to replace my student ID card anyway (because they changed my student ID number in December and I still haven't replaced the card)...so at least this forces me to go talk to the university card people. I've definitely been putting it off too long.


The bad- Not sure what hoops I'll have to jump through to replace this metro card. UGH.

I have to be honest, the exhaustion (which seems to be the theme for the week- I've been tired this week) and the lost metro card ended up putting a damper on my day. But you win some and you lose some. I'm hoping today swings toward the winning. Hopefully the sidewalks are clear (they've been super slippery lately) and I can put a point in the win column with a good run!

5 comments:

Jordan said...

I come home today, so hopefully that goes in the good column. Also, there's this:

http://dooce.com/2012/01/25/does-anyone-know-how-i-can-make-papyrus-my-default-font

Nicole @ Haute Runner said...

Oh my- sounds like a challenging day!

Hope you don't have a big hassle trying to get your new metro card!

Marlene said...

Yikes, I hope you ca get that metro pass replaced QUICKLY and without hassle!!

runforwine.net said...

Big bummer about your metro card. I hope it's fairly easy to replace.

What kind of starbucks isn't open at 6am?? Starbucks is coffee is gross anyways. You were better off ;)

Derek Hill said...

Can you tell me what app on your phone you're using to get the Polaroid look? Thanks! Hope the good outweighs the bad for the rest of the week!