Nicole over at Haute Runner has tagged me for the 11 Randoms- so here we go.
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules
2, You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things about Me
1. I think I have a purple problem. Lately I seem to be buying a lot of purple and it might be getting out of hand.
2. My big toes are really long. Perhaps freakishly so.
3. I pretty much have no fear of heights whatsoever. In fact, I kind of like them.
4. My favourite number has been 13 since I was about 13.
5. I have a hard time finding shoes that I like the look of on my feet.
6. I can't pronounce Zooey Deschanel's name like it is supposed to be pronounced. I have to add the extra "o" sound.
7. Dr. Phil bugs the heck out of me.
8. I never thought I would like poutine- but I do.
9. I have a talent for putting my foot in my mouth.
10. I really wish I could do a pull up. (though it isn't like I practice or anything- I bet if I started with a band I could work up to doing one)
11. I'm currently watching a commercial for American Idol and it is pretty much the lamest thing I've seen in my life. And I'm usually a sucker for cheesy things.
1. How many languages do you speak? What are they?
I speak English, French, and sort of Spanish. My Spanish used to be a lot better...but I understand it pretty well.
2. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Closest to the door or to the closest path to the bathroom. In our bedroom, that would be the left side if I'm lying down.
3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Um...I guess a morning person? I definitely used to be a night owl but I'm definitely not one now. And since I like to start work at 7:30, I guess that makes me a morning person?
4. What's your biggest time waster?
Anything internet related. Twitter, facebook, blogs...too much time on the internet.
5. Mac or PC?
Mac- clearly Mac.
6. Can you drive a standard transmission car?
Yes. I learned on a standard and our current car is a standard.
7. Where did you go on your last trip?
We went to Calgary for Christmas. But our last trip that wasn't a visit to family was PEI. We loved it.
8. What's your favourite game (board or video)?
I quite like Settlers of Catan.
9. Did you play any sports growing up?
I played one year of soccer when I was really young. Then I played softball all through elementary school. In junior high and high school I played volleyball.
10. What's your favourite number and why?
Wow- without even reading this question, I talked about my favourite number in my random things. I think I like 13 because I find it funny that so many people find it unlucky and that tall buildings "skip" the thirteenth floor. Seriously people- just because it is called the 14th floor doesn't mean that it isn't the 13th...
11. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
Hmmm....I really liked San Francisco. I would definitely live in the Bay area or the Pacific Northwest if I could. But since I like Canada- maybe just north of the border on the west coast?
1- When you're in a job interview, what do you use as your "weakness"? (you know, the weakness that you can turn into a positive somehow)
2- What is your favourite food?
3- Why did you start blogging?
4- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would you go?
5- If you're a runner, biker, triathlete, or any other sort of racer, what race is tops on your bucket list?
6- What is your dream job? (pretending that it pays well)
7- Who is your celebrity crush?
8- Did you or do you play an instrument?
9- What is your favourite "guilty pleasure" movie? (you know, the one that you like to pretend you didn't love)
10- If you had to pick a last meal, what would you pick?
11- Ben and Jerry's or Haagen Dazs?
My 11 tags (and 11 is hard)
Karen at Toronto Girl West
Heather at My Life
Lara at the things i know
Laura at Live well, laugh often, run much
Marlene at Mission to a(nother) Marathon
Kristen at Run for Wine
Leigh at All you need is Love
Janelle at The Honest Truth
Kirsten at Lobbsters
Kelsey at More Adventurous (maybe you can just put together 11 outfits for us all to wear!)
Lindsay at Cotter Crunch
Phew! I did it! And if you read all that- good on you!