Monday, December 12, 2011

on being a student who works full time

This is my view for the work week. I work in my home office, mostly from my work computer but sometimes from my own computer.
worky worky
This is my view while I'm doing school work. I work from home, sometimes in my office, from my own computer.
that's not even half of it
That document you see on the screen of my computer? That is the paper I hope to hand in either today or tomorrow. While it doesn't mean the end of thinking about school (I need to read some more background documents regarding my thesis work and get some of that organized), it means the end of having to think about handing in my assignments for the semester.

I'm looking forward to spending a little less time sitting in this chair.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yup...I understand that feeling. My computer looks like that regularly, especially when I am teaching academic courses (rather than my special education courses) and taking an Ottawa U course at the same time. Work all day, work all night....Good Times :D

Marlene said...

If I were you, I'd probably take a complete sabbatical from computers for the holidays!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I don't think I knew you worked at home! That would be super hard to work at home full-time and be doing school - at home - so much!! Would probably take away some of the relaxing aspect of HOME?

I agree with Marlene, is a computer-free break possible over the holidays? I would definitely do that if I were you!

Good luck with the paper!

lu said...

i have a horrible habit of leaving far too many windows open in my browser because i think i will get back to them all.

and what is your thesis going to be on?? i am rather interested to hear about it!

Kelsey said...

I am hoping for you (and for me) that Xmas gets here mighty fast. But until then, keep on keeping on, you are doing a great job!