Wednesday, November 02, 2011

random wednesday- old, new, borrowed, and blue

Some randomness for today

SOMETHING OLD- I was looking at pictures the other day and came across some fun older ones. My first race ever...with my sister. It was a lot of fun!
our first race ever
Christmas in San Francisco
And a memory from one of my favourite trips ever. I loved that Christmas trip to San Francisco. I've wanted to go back ever since.

SOMETHING NEW- this saturday, I'm running my first trail race. I'm only sort of treating it as a race...mostly treating it as a fun run event to finish off the summer and fall running season and to start off the winter running season. I don't know how hilly it will be so I have no idea what to expect and even what kind of time goal to have. Mostly, my goal is to go have fun on the trails!

SOMETHING BORROWED- Here's our pumpkin from this year. I'm calling it borrowed because I didn't carve it, Jordan did:
Owl Pumpkin is judging you!
It was the first time he attempted that newfangled carving technique. We both grew up carving triangle eyes and toothy grins into pumpkins, so this was definitely something different. But I loved our Hibou! (for those of you who don't parler francais...that's french for owl). Next year- better tools to make it easier!

SOMETHING BLUE- November tends to be grey and dreary. So not only does it make ME blue but it makes me miss the blue skies. So here's a little blue sky and sunshine to cheer us all up:
Quadra Island
So that we don't have to be reaching for this version of blue:
Mmm...gin
I hope Wednesday treats you well. Tell me something old, new, borrowed, and/or blue going on for you today! And do you have any trail race tips for me?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Trail racing tips...I'm a klutz so trail running means: Pick your feet and hope I don't fall. Can't offer more than that!
Something:
old: shoes that I forgot I had but love.
new: my computer password I was forced to change this morning which means I will be typing the wrong one in all day until I remember that I changed it.
blue: nothing...am actually wearing bright pink today..way out of the comfort zone.

Marlene said...

That pumpkin looks so cool! I totally did the triangle eyes and toothy grin AGAIN this year!! bor-ing.

Good luck on the trails. Don't fall! :)

Kelsey said...

I love that pumpkin, it's adorable. I'll attempt that next year... or make T carve it ;)

Lindsay and James Cotter said...

i love trail races! oh i can't wait to see how it goes. Best of luck!

Paige @ Running Around Normal said...

That pumpkin is awesome!! My pumpkin turned out looking pretty sorry, lol