Friday, November 04, 2011

i feel it in my fingers, i feel it in my toes*

It is no secret that I love the red cup. I've blogged about it, I usually have "red cup day" in my calendar, and I have a ceramic version of the past 4 red cups in my cupboard that I use year round. There's just something about that red cup that makes me feel all warm and happy inside. If I'm having a bad day and someone walks by with a red cup, it makes part of the badness go away. That, my friends, is quite the powerful cup.

I had heard rumours that some Starbucks had released the red cups on November 1st but when I went to my local store, the cups were in sight but not in use...so I waited until yesterday to go back and enjoy my first Christmas drink in a Christmas cup.


tall (or mezzo here in MTL), non-fat, gingerbread latte with light whip
Usually, I like my coffee drinks to taste like coffee- which is why I would normally order a double tall non-fat latte at Starbucks (or if you want the same taste for less- a short non-fat latte). But at least a few times over the Christmas season, I go with the spicy sweet goodness of the gingerbread latte. It tastes nothing like coffee, but a lot like Christmas. And for the first red cup of the season? I get the whipped cream on top (though I don't like as much as they normally put on- cools down the drink too fast so I just ask them to go light on the whip). It fills me with joy and happiness. And that can't be anything but good.

But if it is red cup time, that means it is also almost Love Actually time. Though I might save that one until the first week of December.

Happy Friday! And happy red cup season!

What about you- love, hate, or indifferent to the red cup?



*...Christmas is all around me, and so the feeling grows.
I won't continue, because I genuinely don't feel that if I really love Christmas, I need to be saying "let it snow." I'm just fine with no snow at Christmas.

11 comments:

Rebecca W said...

Mmmm peppermint latte!

I love all "candy cane" flavoured things at Christmas. I usually eat about 4 tubs of Candy Cane ice cream during the winter and save one for the summer :)

Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner said...

I had my first red cup yesterday - but no special drink! The christmas movies have to wait until after Thanksgiving, for me!
;)

Marlene said...

Happy Red Cup Season! I rarely go to Starbucks and don't really like any of their drinks (crazy, I know) but I DO like seeing the red cups around!

Leigh said...

Love, love, love the movie Love Actually! Same with The Holiday too.

I am not a coffee or tea drinker, so I don't get the excitement over the red cups

Leana said...

I'm pretty excited about having my first eggnog latte sometime soon. I also have quite a few ceramic red cup mugs at home along with a few Christmas ornaments.

And I also have to watch Love Actually every single Christmas! I love Hugh Grant's dance scene!

Michelle said...

LOVE! But, of course, you know that already : ) I really did miss our Red Cup Day this year. Though it was in my calendar regardless. I tried the new skinny peppermint mocha (sugar free peppermint syrup and light mocha) and it was delicious. I'm very excited about that.

I have already watched The Holiday this season. It was on over the weekend and I couldn't help myself.

Heather said...

I like me an eggnog latte, though I dilute it with a bit of regular steamed milk since it can be a bit rich. I also like a gingerbread, though I think I only like one per season. I am also a big fan of the christmas blend drip coffee.

Lulu said...

Can't wait to get out to Starbucks for my first red cup f the season... although I've squirrelled away a few bags of christmas blend in my freezer for year round treats!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Yay for red cups!! I will probably go to SB this weekend to get one! I love the Gingerbread lattes too!!

I LOVE Love Actually!! One of my favourite movies for sure! Give me a warm fuzzy feeling inside every time I watch it or hear the song from it!

Kirst said...

I love the eggnog lattes and normally do it reduced fat. Except for closer to Christmas I live life on the edge and have a normal one. I know crazy! :)

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Love it! Was very excited to get my gingerbread latte this morning. And I'll probably go back with Eric this weekend to get eggnog lattes since he LOVES eggnog!