Monday, October 10, 2011

scenes from a long weekend long run

This weekend was absolutely gorgeous. Blue skies, warm temperatures, and a lot to be thankful for (it is Thanksgiving weekend after all). Definitely the perfect weekend for running too. Since it was so beautiful, I figured I'd take my phone along to take some pictures (plus, still waiting on news from my sister, so I get a little anxious if I'm away from my phone for too long).

We decided to run up Mount Royal (because hey- why NOT run uphill for 3 miles?) and were therefore treated with great views and interesting sights. Since it was so beautiful out, we had a lot of company in the park, but it made for some great people watching. There was a group of guys who looked like pro-football players, a guy making strange sounds while running, and even someone running just like Phoebe (oh wait...that person was me).
on the water fountain
Once we hit the top, we had to stop and admire the view. Strangely, there was also a police car that drove by on the path just after I took the picture.
at the top of the mountain
all smiles despite all the up hill
As usual, a great run followed by some great coffee. It was even better knowing that the weekend is a long one and an earlier morning on Sunday could be followed by a sleep-in on Monday.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

runforwine.net said...

Great Thankgiving run for sure!

Marlene said...

Awesome run. Happy Thanksgiving!

Laura said...

I still can't believe we had such nice weather this weekend.
And 3 days off....sweet!

preeti said...

Marathon runner could have some time the knee injuries like meniscus tear occurs and they need Menisectomy.