Wednesday, October 05, 2011

my sister is all grown up

Today is my sister's due date (or one of them anyway...you know how due dates can be). Crazy. As I explained in my birthday post to her, we're close and being this far away during this, dare I say epic, event is a little tough. I wish I was closer and I wish I was there.

That being said- I really can't wait to get that message that says "HEY- this hurts like HELL!! Here comes the baby!"
get outta my belly!
Hopefully, for her sake, that message comes sooner rather than later. So go on over and send her your best wishes.

Do you live far away from your family? What kind of events to you end up missing?

9 comments:

Rebecca W said...

Happy Due Date Day to your sister!! I think DDD is when my nerves will set in for sure. I'm hoping mine comes a tad bit early (but we all know that probably won't happen haha).

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Sweet post about your sister! I couldn't imagine being far away from my sister during this journey. Hopefully you can visit her as soon as the baby arrives!

Heather said...

I wish you could be here nneeeeeooooowwwwwwwww.

lu said...

my sis went into labour on her due date! and i never thought that actually happened. i was also not in the city for my niece's first few days.

and now i will be far, far away from her and the rest of my family, which is really hard to process, but i have to remember that i have to make decisions for me because otherwise, i will become that crazy old, childless aunt that doesn't have her own life. and as much as i like cats, that would be a little sad if i didn't follow my own path. i just make sure that path always leads back to my family and friends.

Marlene said...

Good luck to your sis!!! Here's hoping for a smooth delivery and healthy Mom & baby!

fitchickbritt.com said...

I still live close to my family although my older sister moved away years ago. She's only 4 hours away so I still see her pretty often. Congrats to your sister!!

Toronto Girl West said...

I live REALLY far away from my family. My sister lives near Montreal and my parents in Toronto.

Boo for being a massive plane ride away!

Kirst said...

Of course I don't have to tell you how much we miss you guys and Devin and Liz. We very much wish you lived closer. The kids have been talking about how much they miss you.

kristen said...

I know Kirst- this is the THIRD baby birth we're missing :( but you can tell your kids that they won't have to share us with Heather's kid at Christmas since they're going to Toronto this year.