Thursday, October 06, 2011

dance, sing, floss, and travel

Whether you like their clothes or not (I do- even though they are a higher price point, every item I have bought has stood up to running, yoga, strength classes, biking, and endless cycles through the wash) I think most people can find something in their manifesto that resonates:
(source)
I find that different statements resonate with me depending on what is going on in my life. Sometimes I just need to "breathe deeply," sometimes I need to remind myself that how I handle setbacks is really what matters- not the setbacks themselves, and sometimes I just need to "choose a positive thought."

I've always loved the "Dance, Sing, Floss, Travel" part as well. It just seems like a day with all of those things sounds like a great one. The sushi restaurant I was at last night has us all covered on the "floss":
automatic floss dispenser? yes please!
There were a few of us who were just a little too excited about the floss dispenser and we proceeded to floss our teeth. It was a little hilarious and all kinds of awesome. Also awesome? When I put this picture up on my facebook wall, a friend of mine told me that she thinks of me every time she flosses her teeth. What can I say? I like to floss!

Flossing- yay or nay? What statement in the manifesto resonates with you today?

11 comments:

Marlene said...

LOVE LULU!

I am usualyl a decent flosser, but with my recent cavity incident (SHUDDER!) I *will* be flossing daily from here on out. Not taking any chances!

Lulu said...

I can very much relate- I am the queen of flossing... I cannot go to bed without cleaning my teeth properly.

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I used to be really bad about flossing but I am getting better!

I am a HUGE lulu fan but I don't buy "lounge-y" type clothes from them, only good quality running and yoga clothes. I can buy hoodies to lay around the house in from Costco ;)

Derek said...

I think I'll floss right now!

Kirst said...

I'm a bad, bad girl. I'm ashamed to say I'm not a great flosser. Maybe if I had something like that I would do it more.

Kirst said...

And I love Lulu too!

Rebecca W said...

I'm a lulu fan...I've had a pair of sweatpants for over 4 years and they are still in great condition and I've worn them everywhere!

I floss when I remember too....It kinda grosses me out to have people floss in public though..

Leana said...

The floss dispenser is awesome! I quite like lulu as well (even despite the high price point).

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Love Lulu and it's manifestos!! They pick me up when I am in a funk for sure.
I don't floss as much as I should- thanks for reminding me! That dispenser is a great idea!

preeti said...

Dancing, singing, traveling all are good for health. Many treatments are needed in life like total knee replacement surgery
as if we have serious knee problems.

Emmy Summers said...

A floss dispenser sounds awesome. Something like that could help make flossing in public less awkward. It's good for the teeth, so kudos to the act of flossing!