Tuesday, September 20, 2011

taper tuesday

Race week has definitely snuck (sneaked?) up on me...even though it has been a 3 month training cycle, it doesn't feel like it should be race week already. My body, however, is very much ready for the rest. I'm tired, I'm sore, and I'm ready for this taper!

My schedule needs the break too. Somehow, this is one of the busiest weeks I've had in quite some time. I've got a concert to go to (hard to pass up Arcade Fire in their home town) and a 2 day work trip to Ottawa. So Saturday? Saturday will be spent sitting on my butt and hopefully having a nap at some point. And I'm guessing my train ride home on Friday may end up being nap time as well.

So this week is all about grabbing all of the rest I can get and becoming a little too intimate with my foam roller (how many weird looks and questions will I get if I bring it with me on the train to Ottawa?). I'm going to try to post when I can, but may end up being a little quieter than usual.

So just in case I can't get a post up tomorrow, please enjoy this picture of me and the Cows Ice Cream cow getting to know each other.
In Newfoundland you kiss the cod. In PEI you kiss the Cow?
Are you a fan of the rest before a the race? Do you freak out or roll with it when race week ends up being busier than you hoped it would be?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I don't like taper but get that it is needed. I am going to put in a (little) extra this training time around as I know it helps me. NOthing crazy but not as easy as I have done in the past.

Marlene said...

I enjoy taper. My mind usually plays tricks on me, but I am always ready for the rest. Good luck!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Enjoy taper! I always get antsy during taper but try to remind myself it's a good sign! You'll rock your race. Are you trying to PR?