Friday, August 05, 2011

they've got it (the right stuff): headin' to NKOTBSB

Back in the day, I was a huge New Kids on the Block fan. I had the posters, I had the books, I had the t-shirt...I even watched the short-lived cartoon (oh man that was terrible television). They came to Calgary when I was 10. The concert was on October 31st. I had a huge decision to make: trick-or-treating or New Kids on the Block. I chose the bubble-gum pop stylings of Danny, Donnie, Johnathan, Joey, and Jordan over the candy. And I didn't regret it (even after the tickets sold out in about 3 hours so they scheduled another show for the next day).

So tonight, I revert back to that ten year old self and head to the Bell Centre for some boy band entertainment and this time I don't even have to sacrifice my candy.
(source)
The funny part about that "once in a lifetime" caption is that 2 of the 3 people I'm going with have actually already seen this "once in a lifetime" concert...

Oh- the Backstreet Boys are there too right? That should be fun. But I have to say- even though I'll probably be singing along to the BSB songs, I'm really there to hear Step by Step.

Mock me all you want- but you know you have a guilty pleasure :) Tell me- which band from your early years would you love to see again (or for the first time)?

(Oh, and every so often, I wish I had hung on to my NKOTB Christmas CD. That would be a great one to dig out and annoy people with every Christmas)

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wasn't it a tape? Could you even play that today?

kristen said...

The Christmas album was a CD. The other albums were tapes for sure. I remember seeing it on the Straddock Terrace CD rack well past its prime...

Laura said...

For whatever reason...I know a whole of of o NKNTB and BSB songs...and I am way older than any of you and have NEVER owned any of their music.
weird...
Have fun!

Marlene said...

have fun!

Kirst said...

So jealous. We were away when they were here. Have a blast!

sandbocks said...

I remember that concert we went to...they came down in the box with their cartoon selves on the front! So fabulous....

kristen said...

OMG this is AWESOME. I loved me some NKOTB! SO fun!! Backstreet boys was much later though wasn't it. I don't remember ever listening to them. I'm sure it was the best time ever!

Stephanie said...

I went to see this concert in June and had a blast! NKOTB 4EVA! :-P