Tuesday, August 09, 2011

ode to a toenail

You left unexpectedly- I didn't see it coming.
Your departure has left my foot looking a little bare and unbalanced.
While I know you won't be gone forever...
Please come back soon.
not my footprints- that big toe is not.big.enough.
 Any toenail stories out there? Who has NOT lost a toenail from running? (this is my first...the only other toenail story I have involves having to have the doctor poke a hole through it to relieve pressure after running the vacuum over my foot)

7 comments:

Marlene said...

I can't remember the last time I wasn't missing at least one toenail...

Samantha Angela said...

I love my first toenail this year too! I felt like it was a big milestone for me.

Leigh said...

I just lost my second toe nail from the same toe. No bruising this time, just fell off. I hate it!

Suz said...

Welcome to the club :)

Kirst said...

I haven't lost a toe nail. I have wonky baby toe nails that split from running but haven't had one fall off.

Anonymous said...

You did NOT ask me to tell a toenail story! I don't have a running toenail loss story, mine involves a few beers, an axe and a foot forward stance...

d

kristen said...

d- EW EW EEEEEEEWWWWW I feel a little nauseous just thinking about that and I've only seen a picture.