Wednesday, August 17, 2011

be incredible- sugoi moxie shorts

The other day I noticed a little something on the tag of my shorts. Two words: Be incredible. Those two words made me smile and made me like my bright pink shorts even more.
Moxie shorts in action. And a really weird face I'm making
This pair of shorts is a newer addition to my running wardrobe. I got them in June and have been running in them all summer. I like how light they are, I love the styling, and I really like the thick waistband (check the product page for the full view of the waist). No digging into my waist and I'm pretty sure these shorts are muffin top proof!
shorts from the back
I don't love that they sometimes ride up in the crotchal area during particularly long hot runs. In general I don't have a problem, but if it is really hot out and I'm super sweaty, things can get a little...bunchy. (though it MAY be possible that if I sized down, this wouldn't happen- maybe it is just a little extra material?) I love that they have pockets, but the small inside "key/card" pocket is not one that I think would actually fit a card in- but even if it did, I don't think I'd be able to run comfortably with a card in there.

They haven't replaced the run:speed short as my favourite or as my race day shorts. The pockets in those shorts are perfect and the cut just works really well for me. But I really do like my Moxie shorts! They're comfortable, they're cute, and they tell me to be incredible. Thumbs up from this runner.

So- do you have a favourite running or workout short? What makes a good short? (or maybe you're more into working out in a skirt...they're fun too)

*I bought these shorts with my own money and decided to review them because I thought you might be looking for a new pair of shorts.

7 comments:

runforwine.net said...

Girl you look hot in those shorts. A little too short for me, but they look great on you!

I love(d) the Lulu groovy run short. But they discontinued them, so I'm not sure what I'm gonna do. I have a pair of brooks shorts that are pretty damn awesome, but I've had them for so long I don't remember the name of them.

kristen said...

I loved my groovy run shorts!! But somehow I lost them :(
I think hey have a new similar short- Aron at Runner's Rambles just reviewed them.

manthy said...

Nice - I must say you are rocking those shorts.
Nice blog - I love the pics and layout.
You can follow me back here
http://ismanthyhere.blogspot.com/

Marlene said...

Nothing like a good pair of shorts!!!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

"crotchal area"- love it!!

You make those shorts look good! I love your shirt too!

I think I have the run: speed shorts from Lulu (or ones extremely similar to them). I think I am going to cut out the liner though- wedgies are NOT fun, especially when running. I just hope I don't ruin them by doing this!

Heather said...

As someone who gets the crotchal ride up all the time, nothing but tight shorts can do it for me. But those ones are pretty cute. They come in purple and lime green too!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

I love my sugoi winter running tights AND my sugoi bike shorts so I know they make good products. Thanks for the review :)