Monday, July 25, 2011

monday morning musings

So firstly, it is July 25th- time for The Great Fundraising Act. Go check it out! There really are some great things up for auction.

Now, onto the randomness of today:
  • I was tagged to do the 7 links. I tried to do it the other day my internet was being wonky and I got frustrated. It is hard! Anyway, it will go up tomorrow. Let me know if you'd like to do it- I'm looking for people to tag!
  • I had a great long run yesterday. There were parts that were tough, but for the most part it felt easy. It was just one of those runs that clicked. We ended with a tough hill and even after the hill, I felt great! The last mile and a half after the hill were my fastest- significantly faster than the rest. I actually had to stop myself from running extra miles- which is not something that generally happens for my long runs. It made me very happy.
  • The humidity has broken! Hooray. Yesterday was an absolutely perfect summer day. It was hot-ish, sunny, not a cloud in the sky...and most importantly- not humidity. Life is really good without humidity. (and this is perhaps why my run went so well)
  • I bought a new pair of shoes the other day and I'm trying to break them in while walking around my apartment. This was particularly funny looking yesterday while I was wearing compression sleeves:
compression sleeves and metallic flats- together at last


  • I'm going on vacation on Wednesday! Some friends are getting married on Prince Edward Island and I can't wait to go. It is the first time we've been to PEI and not only am I looking forward to that, but also to seeing my friends get married. They've been planning for a long time and I know they'll be happy to finally get hitched :)
Have you gone anywhere for the first time this year? Any fun vacations coming up?
Have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I'm going to Spain in Sept...and am just starting to get excited now for it.
Sweet shoes!!

Leigh said...

We are heading to Penticton next week and I am so excited! Love having nothing to do except sit on the beach all day :)

Marlene said...

AWESOME job on the long run. Is there anything better than a run like that?

Summer would be so much more awesome without humidity.

Have a great trip to PEI! I have always wanted to visit.