Friday, July 22, 2011

great fundraising act reminder

Last week when I posted about the Great Fundraising Act, a few people asked for a reminder closer to the day. Consider this your reminder :)

It is happening Monday July 25th (so just a few days from now) from 8am EST to 11 PM EST.

How will it work? Check out this handy dandy post here: how does an online auction work?

Where will it all be happening? Over at Meals & Moves.
My original post about it is here: A fund raising plug

Since I wrote that post, Susan has discovered that her extra drug costs during chemotherapy will be $5000 a month. That is a lot of money. There are some funding options that she's looking into, but there are no guarantees that she'll get said funding or that the funding will cover all of the costs.

Five thousand dollars a month...I can't imagine worrying about that kind of money (or having my family worry about that kind of money) while also going through chemo and all the nastiness that can go along with it. My love of socialized medicine does not love that dollar figure.

As I said in my last post, if you want to contribute funds but don't want to or can't participate in the auction,  a PayPal account has been set up. And again, if you can't or don't want to contribute financially, you can always keep Susan in your thoughts and send her some kind words over at her blog.

Thank you again for taking the time to read. Have a great Friday.

No comments: