Tuesday, July 26, 2011

7 links

As I said yesterday, I was tagged by both Amber and Aron to do the 7 links post. And as I said yesterday, I found it really quite hard. But It was kind of fun to go through the archives (and there are a lot of them) to figure out what links to put. I'm sure I've missed something. Sometimes I clicked randomly on months to see if there was anything I wanted to use and others I thought of things that I knew I had posted about and went to find those posts.

So, without further explanation- my 7 links:
  • Your most beautiful post
I guess it depends on what "beautiful" is. I am a fan of the post to my grandfather. I know my family liked it a lot.
  • Your most popular post
Apparently, my most popular post is this one: wowii. Apparently because I used the term "intercostal muscles" in it. Maybe people don't know what they are? Maybe they're wondering why their ribs hurt after they play wii bowling? Regardless, I've had about 5 times as many page views on that post than any other.
  • Your most controversial post
I can't decide if it is a good or a bad thing that I'm having a hard time coming up with a controversial post.  I DID lay the smack down to southerners in this post telling them that they were just plain WRONG when it comes to the word toboggan though. So maybe that was controversial.
  • Your most helpful post
Whether or not it is actually helpful, I like to think my most helpful post is my Made-Up Guide to Summer Survival.  In reality, it is probably Gu Brew- a Review. I get at least a few hits a day on that post and I think that's not bad for a post that's a year and a half old. Hopefully people are finding it helpful!
  • A post whose success surprised you
I guess I'm surprised that my "A Strange Day" post got (and still sometimes gets) so many views. Maybe it is because I talked about fuses and how inept I was at trying to change them. Plus, it is one of the only times Jordan has ever commented on the blog- so that must make it one of my most successful posts ever :)
  • A post you feel didn’t get the attention it deserved
 I don't know if this deserved more attention, but I thought this "More about the H1N1" post was informative and easy to understand. I think if more people had read it, it may have made a lot of people feel better and be more informed about the H1N1 vaccine and paranoia surrounding it back in 2009.
  • The post that you are most proud of
I'm not sure if it is the post I'm proud of or the 4 years of life that I'm proud of. But when I read my "Four Years" post (and look at the posts I linked in that post), I feel like I live those 4 years again and I'm just happy that things worked out the way they did.

Now I'm supposed to tag 5 people so here we go:
1- Leana at Engineer + Geek tie the knot (but maybe she'll want to use some old Runner Leana posts?)
2- Heather (my sister)
3- Kristen at Run for Wine
4- Laura at Live well, Laugh often, Run much
5- YOU. If you haven't done this, consider yourself TAGGED.

If you've been reading long enough- are there any posts that you liked of mine that you think I missed? If you're a blogger- do you have a favourite post that you've written? (if so, leave us the link in the comments!)

    2 comments:

    Leigh said...

    I need to go back and read your posts! I love this series idea :)

    Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

    I love this series! I Am going to read a bunch of your posts I missed now :)