Friday, July 01, 2011

3,000 in 35 ab challenge- day one, I'm in!

FitBlog Chats

I'm not normally one for "group challenges", but this one seems to be coming along at just the right time. My core strength (and upper body strength) has gone downhill in the last few months. I've been seriously slacking in the strength training department. I figure something like this can only help keep me motivated as well as teach me new and interesting exercises.

As a part of  the challenge, we need to post our favourite core move. Mine is the Side Plank Dip. I'm not sure why- maybe because it is hard but doesn't involve the push up position (which I hate). As the 35 days go on, I'll be posting updates as to how it is going. 

Do I hope to finish the 35 days with a six pack? No. I just want to feel strong and back closer to the shape I've been in before. And maybe it will motivate me to pick up some weights again one of these days...

Do you have a favourite core exercise?

(If you'd like to join in- there's still time! Just check out the challenge here: FitBlog Ab Challenge)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are participating. We have prizes too and I am posting vlogs for ab exercise ideas every Tuesday and Friday so make sure you check it out at www.homemadefit.com nice to meet you!

-@ashleysh22

kristen said...

Oh, I like this. I might be in as well.

Heather said...

I did mine today too! When I was doing a few, I looked down and I could see the outline of the baby sitting right in the middle of my belly and it was super creepy. All the rest sank down and all that was left was this baby shape. Creeeeeepy.

jcassidy said...

You've inspired me to get back in the blogging (Because I LOVE reading yours and Heather's and secretly check for updates WAY too often) and join the challenge!

excited!

kristen said...

Heather that is WEIRD.

jess@atasteofconfidence said...

I stink at side plank dips, so I commend you for participating!