Thursday, June 02, 2011

three things thursday- good things come in threes

I've never been one of those people who figured good or bad things come in threes, but these three "good things" seemed appropriate for three things Thursday:

First good thing: The race. I won't say anything more because I was pretty long-winded in my race report. But by race is my first good thing of the week!

Second good thing: I got my final mark in Calculus this week. I got 91%! Hooray. I genuinely had no idea how things would go when I started the class. I hadn't done math in a long time and even then, it has never been my strong suit. But I worked really hard and I'm so glad it paid off.
aah the remainder theorem.
Third good thing: Remember that post in April when I talked about dealing with disappointment? Well, I found that open window. I applied for another master's program in May and found out earlier this week that I got in! This one has some definite bonuses too: I can still work and I get to travel! Definitely a silver lining to that disappointment. Things are coming up ME!

So- do you believe that good or bad things come in threes? Any excitement in your life?


**I should be posting the winner of the Sunglasses either later today or tomorrow morning. I want to make sure I can get in touch with the winner first.

5 comments:

Marlene said...

What a great week! Congrats on the stellar calculus grade and the master's program!

Leigh said...

Such a great week for you! Congratulations on your awesome calculus mark and getting into the master's program! You must be so excited :)

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

Major congrats all around to you!! Math whiz!!

You are gonna be one busy lady!

I don't have any excitement in my life right now! I will like vicariously through you!

Kirst said...

You are having a great week. I hope it rubs on our neck of the woods. It's been a rough one for a certain oldest boy.
Does your travelling send you out here?

kristen said...

Thanks y'all! It was nice to have three pieces of good news :)

Kirst- hope things turn around on your end.