Thursday, June 09, 2011

three things thursday- bright colours edition

 Happy Thursday! For me the best part of today is that it is my Friday! Tomorrow is the first of my Summer Fridays off and I'm excited about that. I have a massage booked and the weather looks like it should be fantastic, so it should be a good day.

On to my three things.

1- I've decided I need to find a VERY brightly coloured shirt to wear during races. At the half marathon, I was wearing a pink shirt and white hat. Well, it turns out I was wearing pretty much the same thing as every other girl out on the course. So even though I ran right by Jordan (after discussion afterward, it turns out I probably could have reached out and touched him) at the end of the race, he completely missed me. So I'm on the lookout for something as brightly coloured as the Brooks, Sugoi, or Saucony tops in the pictures
 
I guess I have some shopping to do! (and if you've seen a really brightly coloured running shirt lately, let me know so I can check it out)
2- Have I already complained that every race I want to do seems to be in September? (well, one that I want to do is in October but that timing promises to be bad- so Toronto Waterfront- I'll get you next year! I need a Waterfront redemption...the only time I've run it I hated almost every second of it) I would have to race every weekend (twice for one of the weekends) in order to get in all of the races I thought would be fun to do. While that DOES sound like fun, that's not so friendly on the walled. So I'm going to have to make some decisions. 

I may do a "which would you do" post soon for some opinions. But until then, check out this race I found fairly locally: Tour de Lac Brome. Just in case you don't feel like following the link- there is a post-race meal of a "traditional duck supper".  I kind of wish I had known about it before the entry fee went up to $50! (although $50 for a race, sweat shirt, and duck supper is probably an ok deal) So it is definitely on the to do list for next year!
taken from the race website
3- A bit of a downer- but I read this story the other day and it reminded me of when Jordan hit the moose carcass on the dark highway. Yes- it damaged our car to the point of almost a write-off (I still don't know why the estimate ended up being about half of the actual cost...it probably should have been a write-off) and dealing with all of the insurance stuff was a bit of a pain. But I'm still in awe of the fact that no one got hurt. Our VW golf managed to go OVER the moose and kept both passengers safe and sound. I was much happier to get a call from Jordan telling me the car was broken than from a random emergency worker telling me I needed to get to the hospital. Thank you again little VW. I appreciate your solid construction!

What races do you have planned for the summer and fall? Any that involve getting fed at the end?

7 comments:

Laura said...

This is a nice one in orange:
http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife/browse/productDetailWithPicker.jsp?productId=23578362&categoryId=LADIES_RUNNINGWEAR_TYPE_SSTOPS

I am racing Toronto..first time in this race for me. I'm also doing a 10km race...haven't done one of those in years!

Marlene said...

Neon tops are genius!!! I favour pink, but you're right - it seems to be uber popular in races.

Too bad you can fit in Scotia this year - you definitely have some unfinished business!

kristen said...

God bless German Engineering! I love the orange one in short sleeve/sleeveless. Good thinking!

Leigh said...

I wore a blue shirt for my half and LOTS of people were wearing blue! I think you have a great idea here with the neon colours!

Heather said...

I see lots of reflectivity in the winter, but not so much in the summer. You'll have to bring the early '90s back with your neon!

Nicole @ "Haute Runner" said...

I agree- I think I am going to get neon yellow!!! I wore pink in my last race, with a black vest and my hubby missed me 2x!!!

I think you should sign up for that race! Do it!

OMG that is terrible! The survivors are going to be traumatized for life!

Amber (Girl with the red hair) said...

Freak accidents like that make me so sad :( That is crazy!

I think $50 sounds like a pretty sweet deal for that race!!! I find it's RARE to find races for less than $50 these days!