Thursday, May 12, 2011

three things thursday- the "three" edition

I hope you enjoyed the picture a day. I know it wasn't much, but it was something I could throw together quickly while I was away. Now I'm playing catch-up with all your posts! On to three things Thursday- this one will be inspired by what else? THREE!

1- I only have three speed (or tempo) sessions left in this training cycle. THREE! (wow- the word three has lost all meaning after writing it six times) That means we're three weeks out from the race. I guess now's the time to plan wardrobe and think about the race plan. (step one, have fun?) Only two more long runs...EEK!

2- My long run on Sunday (done in Vermont) involved THREE very hilly loops. The road I was running on was called something like "Over the Mountain Rd". Now, while I wouldn't call the hill a mountain, it was a pretty good hill- and I did it THREE times. Sure, the third time was a slow loop with my preggers sister (she runs based on heart rate), but it was a lot of work! Good news though- the 14 miles felt pretty good and made me feel good about my training!

3- Even though I am only working THREE days this week, it already feels like a long one. I got back from Vermont yesterday and had to go to class after having only a couple of hours to chill out. It was a long few days out there, but it was really nice to have some family time despite the sadness. Usually I take lots of pictures in Vermont, but somehow I didn't take any this trip- even of my little sister's ever growing belly! I guess I just wasn't in the mood. The camera was always with me, it just wasn't ever out. I'm glad other people were taking pictures- we definitely got a couple of good group shots.

There you have it, this week's three things Thursday, inspired by three. Anything "three" that you'd like to share?

2 comments:

Aron said...

AHH getting close to race time!! I love when I can count hard workouts left on one hand ;)

Marlene said...

THREEEEEE sleeps til race day! :D

And Ottawa won't be far behind!!