Saturday, April 09, 2011

the little things

I was pretty cranky this morning. I'm not sure why- I slept well (and long) and had no reason to be cranky, I just was. I had a pretty hard run on the schedule and it was really tough to drag myself out the door (even into the beautifully sunny day). Once I got out there though, the little things made me happy:
  •  smiles and nods from other runners
  • the beautiful sunshine warming my face (oops- forgot to put sunscreen on!)
  • friendly dogs
  • a child trying to race me as I ran by
  • multiple pugs :)
  • crocuses blooming
  • old people holding hands
I left the house feeling cranky, but came home feeling tired, but invigorated.


What little things made you smile today?

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Nothing like a good run to eliminate a case of the crankies! I'm sick and grumpy but the sunshine on my run this morning made me feel alll better.