Thursday, March 31, 2011

three things thursday (end of the month edition)

I'll make this a quick three things because I have a test today and a million things to do before I fly across the country tomorrow.

1) We know how I love my grammar, so I also love this site: http://learnyourdamnhomophones.com/ Here's a little secret though- I always have trouble with affect and effect no matter what I'm writing. (unless I'm talking about "blunted affect" that is associated with conditions such as schizophrenia...and I think that's why I have trouble- because in this case, "affect" is a noun when usually it is a verb)

2) They are making a movie on my street this week. This means we don't have much parking on our street and there's a lot of "hubub." But it is pretty cool. If you're into movies in French, stay tuned for "Laurence anyways"- a Xavier Dolan film starring Suzanne Clement and Melvil Poupaud. Yeah, I've never heard of them either- but I also don't watch a lot of Quebecois movies.

3) I'm not having the best week...but the good news is, once today is over things should start going uphill. And since I've felt like I need a good laugh all week, I'll leave you with a dorky picture...because if I can't laugh at myself, what can I laugh at?
turtleneck and giant glasses? yes please.
What are you looking forward to most this weekend? I'm excited about a potential pedicure and checking out a city I haven't been to for a very long time.

4 comments:

Marlene said...

I hope your week improves! At least we're on the right side of Wednesday.

kristen said...

Thanks Marlene! Once today is over, the upswing will be exponential: no work tomorrow, going to a fun city, and I get to see my sister! So I just have to get through today (and my test this evening)

Kirst said...

I'm looking forward to Nate Dog coming over tonight. I know it's not the weekend but I haven't seen him in a long time.

kristen said...

Hey kristen!

Sorry your having a bummer of a week. It's almost the weekend!