Friday, March 25, 2011

calculus gem III

At least I think it is gem #3...

Anyway, we're learning about logarithms and exponents and all the fun that goes along with differentiating them. My favourite part of this is the language:
Of all possible bases for an exponential function, the most convenient one for calculus is the number "e"....

Of all posible bases for logarithms, the most convenient is, once again, the number "e". The logarithm with the base "e" is called the natural logarithm...
Dear Mathematicians: Do you realize that 'e' is in fact a LETTER? Yes? NO?
Ok, maybe I'm the only one that just started laughing when we started talking about "the number e." But I really do need to find the humour in this class, otherwise I might just cry my way through it.

Hope you all have a great weekend! I'll be studying for next week's calculus test...what are your plans for the weekend?

And stay tuned later today for the winner of the RoadID!

No comments: