Saturday, February 12, 2011

another win!

Remember when I won all that GU? What I didn't tell you then, is that just the day before, I had won something else...a NUUN prize pack. Yeah, I guess I shouldn't ever complain again about not winning anything. I won this by answering a random trivia question on twitter (about an old Batman movie or episode that I had actually not seen but just took a guess) and was very excited when I WON! I was asked to tell them what my favourite flavours of nuun were and last week this is what arrived:
hydration is also important in the winter
As I have said before, I am a heavy sweater. I will come home even in the dead of winter all sweaty and with salt on my face after a long run. I also have a sensitive stomach when it comes to drinks while running. The wrong drink will make me feel terrible (I'm pretty sure that some of my stomach issues during the Army Half Marathon in 2009 were due to a bottled sports drink) but I definitely need electrolytes when I run.

I can't remember where I heard about nuun, but I'm very glad I did. It comes in tablets that you just drop into your water bottle and then 2 minutes later, you have a nice electrolyte-filled drink without a lot of sugar to upset the stomach! I like both the orange ginger (left in the picture) and the kona cola (right) for running and find that the orange ginger is PERFECT for hot yoga. I've also tried the citrus fruit- also good. Some people swear by the banana flavour, but that just sounds disgusting to me...

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of nuun and was very excited to win this prize. I'm also excited that they're coming out with new flavours in April (well, in April in the USA, not sure when the new ones will hit Canada): Fruit Punch, Strawberry Lemonade, Tropical, Grape, and Lemon Tea. I can't wait to try the fruit punch and the lemon tea!
nuun's new look (from their facebook page)
Have you tried nuun? What is your favourite flavour? Or if you haven't tried it- which would be your first choice?

2 comments:

Liz Finch said...

I use nuun whenever I run.... my fav is the tri berry. I'm a HUGE fan.

k said...

There's something about berry drinks when I'm running that I don't like. I wonder if I had too many berry flavoured Fun Fruits when I was a kid :)

But yes, clearly I love the nuun :)