Wednesday, November 17, 2010

this bastard's kicked*

A monumental thing happened in our household a couple of weeks ago- we finished our giant bottle of gin. This bottle of gin has lived in the freezer of 3 fridges of 3 apartments. It has spent it least 4 years with us and has been a welcome sight every time I have opened the freezer. The blue bottle reminds me of my grandmother, the giantness of the bottle makes me laugh that my dad's idea of "can you bring me a bottle of gin" when crossing the border was the biggest bottle he could find, and I do love a good G & T (or gin and soda, or lately- a dirty martini).

The big one has now been replaced with a much smaller version- a little brother if you will. I'm guessing this one won't stay around quite as long, but hopefully it will bring some fond memories- just like its predecessor.  Martini anyone?

*points for the person who can name the show i'm stealing from in the title

3 comments:

lu said...

i can't think of what show the title is from...

but i do agree that a dirty martini is one of the best ways to drink gin!

Lulu said...

How I met your mother!

k said...

how i met your mother indeed! and a funny episode.