Sunday, November 07, 2010

on the metro

When I was taking the bus every day in Ottawa, I remember seeing some strange sights- a lady with a bottle of soy sauce in the pocket of her bag as if it was a water bottle or as if she'd have some sort of soy sauce emergency, the russian, and of course bus service delayed or rerouted because of Obama visits and Tamil protests.  (And who can forget the completion of my "get a picture with layton" goal- while that wasn't from a commute, it is definitely worth mentioning)

My commute in Montreal involves walking from my kitchen to my office, so I don't tend to see anything strange, but last night on the metro I had a strange spotting that reminded me of my own "I'm the crazy person on the bus" experience (because let's be honest, if you can't identify who the crazy person on the bus is, it is probably you).

A guy came onto our metro car sipping a beverage. The container looked like it should hold some sort of medical sample and the colour of the liquid in said container made it look even more like it was some sort of medical sample. Jordan turned to me and said, just as I was thinking it, "it looks like that guy is drinking a urine sample."

This reminded me of when I had to collect an entire day's worth of urine in a giant jug and then take it to the lab on the bus. What an odd experience that was. And I really should have told the person next to me what was in the bag just before I got off the bus...

3 comments:

lu said...

'if you can't identify who the crazy person on the bus is, it is probably you' - i love it!!

Rhonda said...

Funny.....very funny. I had a friend who had to bring back eyes from Toronto on the bus for her grad work. Yes, real human eyes.......

Lady Fromage said...

LOL, reminds me of those old commercials where the lady always had a tub of Cool Whip (it was cool whip, right? Anyway, it was a tub of something...)

-Lady Fromage