Wednesday, November 10, 2010

more montreal observations

When you move to a new city, there are definitely things that you notice that are different from anywhere you've lived before. One thing I've noticed in Montreal is that people wait in line for the bus.

When waiting for a city bus, people line up. It is kind of odd. At busy bus stops, you see queues of people waiting next to the sign. So civilized- I've never really seen anything like it.
Has anyone else seen this for city buses? It seems perfectly normal for buses that take you from one city to the next and when I first witnessed it, I was taking the special airport bus- and it even seemed normal for that one. But this is for all buses in the city. Does this happen anywhere else?
 

2 comments:

Michelle M said...

They also line up in the UK and take it very seriously! I found it strange, but grew to like it. I'm happy you notice random things like that too!

k said...

I figured it wasn't something that just happened here- the UK seems to make sense too. I have no idea how seriously they take it here since I've only taken that one bus to the airport. And I definitely waited my turn!