Tuesday, September 14, 2010

goodbye ottawa

This seems a little late, but I feel like I still need to bid the city a proper goodbye...

Dear Ottawa,

Thank you. I have experienced a LOT with you. Until I moved to Ottawa, I had only lived in Calgary. Sure, just days after moving, I realized that there were rats in Ontario, but I managed to avoid them (except for a second-hand sighting by Jordan that managed to scare the crap out of me). I rediscovered milk in bags, learned what it was like to live downtown, started the "ghetto tree" tradition, and experienced freezing rain (for the first time and many more times).  I got married (ok, not IN Ottawa, but while living in Ottawa), I learned to laugh at myself more often, and learned that the heat and I do NOT get along well.

I learned how to run, I learned how to be injured, and learned how to get back up and try again. I also finally got my picture taken with Jack Layton :)
I grew up a lot, I met some great people, and had some great times.  I really liked living in Ottawa (I said a lot of it in my "four years" post). I will miss it, but will mostly miss the people who helped make it such a fun place to live.

Love,
~Kristen

2 comments:

lu said...

i love, love, love this post and the photos!

such great memories and i am so glad that i got to be a small part of your life there by learning about it via the internet when we haven't been able to keep in touch in other ways over the years. i read your posts from england, kenya, germany, and now calgary and i have no intention of stopping anytime soon.

Tricia said...

lovely pics