Monday, June 07, 2010

CBHM update

Just a really quick update- the race went really well for all of us. We raised money, we crossed the finish line, and we were mostly all smiles. Too bad about all the rain, but better rainy and cool than really hot.

My angry tendons weren't all that angry. I felt really good through almost all of the race and ended up finishing much quicker than I expected- my second fastest half on a really tough course! (I was just hoping to avoid a "personal worst")

Congrats to my sister, who went under the elusive 2 hour mark, to the two Jordans who both finished 8th in their age groups, to all the first timers, to Matt who kept up with Heather for most of the race, to the walkers who were just as wet as the runners, and to Ken who ran a half marathon on his 54th birthday! It is a course full of rolling hills- so yay for all of us!

Thank you for all of your support and good thoughts. Hopefully I'll have some pictures soon!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry to hear you're having tendon trouble! Injuries are so irritating, but it sounds like you had a pretty good day given the circumstances! Hope you continue to get better!

kris said...

Imagine what you'll be able to do once you're all healed up!