Thursday, April 01, 2010

mmm...bacon

You know you love bacon and people know it when you get two separate bacon-related items from two different people in the same week. This week I received the following:
An article about bacon and bacon-related items that my mother cut out from the Calgary Herald and sent. Not only did she send the article, but some mini eggs too. My mum sure does know what I like :)

And this:
An applewood smoked bacon chocolate bar. I haven't tried it yet because I'm waiting until Jordan gets back so that we can share it, but I'll give you my full review. I'm hoping I like it more than I liked the homemade chocolate covered bacon we made for a bacon party.
Some people liked it, but it wasn't really my favourite. Had we had the time, we were going to make donuts with a maple bacon glaze, but the choco-bacon was a little easier to do.  I may not have loved the taste, but it looked kind of fun.
So do you now want to go eat some bacon? Yes?

10 comments:

kris said...

I've wanted to try bacon brownies for a while now, maybe next weekend? Here are a few options:
One, Two, Three. Maybe add a little bacon to those famous pancakes too?

Reverend Joyleaf said...

Bacon Roses

Have you heard of the Bacon Explosion? It's awesome. I tried some at a local pub. They made it just for fun. Wasn't on the menu but the owners brought out a sample for us. Amazing!

Reverend Joyleaf said...

Oh, and I had the Bacon & Blue from Wendy's the other day. It was delish but I had a pretty bad stomach ache later in the day. Totally worth it.

k said...

I may love cheese, but blue cheese makes me gag. Even the thought of it makes me feel icky.

I have heard of the Bacon explosion but have not tasted it and I'm not sure I could ever justify making it. The bacon roses however...

Reverend Joyleaf said...

http://www.jdfoods.net/ourstory.php

kris said...

bacon...

Reverend Joyleaf said...

KFC Bacon...

Heather said...

Mmmmmmm, bay-con

lu said...

while i cannot appreciate the love of bacon, i can appreciate the love of blue cheese! gorgonzola. cambozola. yum.

Leslie's Keith said...

Bacon and Mini Eggs in the same post...and you KNOW I love them both...

Off in search of Mini Eggs...I earned them today!

Keith