Tuesday, April 06, 2010

a great weekend

This weekend was glorious. I'm not normally one to use the word "glorious", but it is really the only word I can use. It was hot, sunny, and it was a long weekend at that! It started off with a sleep in on Friday morning and then a delightful sit in the sunshine. Since my lovely sister was due to arrive in the early afternoon, we decided to wait until she arrived so that we could all go for a run together. At about 2:30 on Friday afternoon, it was close to 30 degrees. I'm not sure I had run in heat like that since August. I'm not sure any of us had run in heat even close to that in too many months (well, except for that Heather, who ran in Maui the other week...but she claimed that barely counted) so it was a bit of a rough go for all of us. But at the same time, it was so nice to be out in the sun! I think I was still hot and red when the picture was taken almost 2 hours (and one slurpee) after we finished our run.
Mmm, slurpees. I just realized that I also had one last weekend. I think it may have been a couple of years since I had one before the last couple of weeks...apparently it is now my weekend treat. We'll see what this weekend brings :)
It was great to enjoy the nice weather with two of my favourite people. Spring has definitely sprung in O-town:

And I love it! I don't love that it is supposed to rain for the next three days, but it will bring out more flowers, more green, and might mean that I won't get sprayed with dust every time a bus goes by.

In other news, 13 days until the Boston Marathon. Although I think I'll be a bit nervous while watching it, I can't wait to be there and to be a part of the excitement. Sure, spectating isn't quite as exciting as running, but it is only half as exhausting. So there's that :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Yay to sisterly visits!! And yay to Jordan running the boston marathon!

Katie said...

Sounds like a great weekend. My toddler loves the word "glorious." Although, I must admit, I probably got her hooked on it. She'll say things like "mommy it's glorious" or "it's going to be glorious." Really funny out of a two year old.

Kirst said...

I just wrote sounds like a great weekend but then saw what Katie wrote. I wish I could have been there and I also wish we had 30 degree weather.
Did Jordan get a chip thing so that we can follow is progress on the computer? A friend of mine was able to get updates on her friend last year. It would be cool to watch and cheer him on.